The City & Guilds Group has today announced the acquisition of Adelaide-based e3Learning – one of Australia's largest dedicated corporate elearning and compliance providers.
Established in 2001, e3Learning specialises in workforce risk management and online compliance training for employers. Since 2013, it has been under the ownership of Open Universities Australia (OUA) and has grown significantly thanks to investments in its core platform and infrastructure. Today it works with a range of customers in various industries and sectors including healthcare, government and aviation. The City & Guilds Group acquired the business after OUA decided to focus its activities on higher education.
The acquisition expands the City & Guilds Group’s corporate learning solutions offer which is led by Kineo. Acquired by the Group in 2012, Kineo works with the world’s leading businesses to improve performance through learning and technology, and its core offer includes bespoke learning content, platforms and consultancy.
This follows on from the City & Guilds Group’s recent acquisitions of Kineo Pacific in 2014 and Nine Lanterns, which became part of Kineo in 2015, and expands the Group's offer in the Asia Pacific market.
Chris Jones, Chief Executive of the City & Guilds Group said: ‘We are delighted to welcome e3Learning to the City & Guilds Group. Everything we do is about helping individuals, businesses and organisations develop their skills to grow. This acquisition allows us to continue supporting businesses across the world to develop skills through learning and technology.’
Paul Wappett, Chief Executive of Open Universities Australia said: ‘We are thrilled that e3Learning will be joining the City & Guilds Group. Being part of the Group will allow e3Learning to enhance its offer to both existing and new clients while strengthening the corporate elearning offer to businesses in Asia Pacific and beyond.’
Notes to editor
About the acquisition
- e3Learning was acquired by the City and Guilds of London Institute, the trading name of the City & Guilds Group.
- The City and Guilds of London Institute acquired all of the shares in Interact Learning Pty Limited – an Australian-based company. It has two wholly-owned subsidiaries, e3Learning Solutions Ltd, based in Australia, and e3Learning UK Limited, a UK-based company.
About the City & Guilds Group
- The City & Guilds Group is a leader in global skills development. Its purpose is to enable people and organisations to develop their skills for personal and economic growth.
- Backed by a Royal Charter, the City & Guilds Group has over 135 years’ experience in making sure that people are prepared to contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
- The City & Guilds Group partners with more than 200 companies to develop the skilled workforces that they need, and invests in learning technologies to help people learn whenever and wherever they can.
- The City & Guilds Group is made up of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, The Oxford Group and Digitalme:
- City & Guilds develops programmes of learning, learning technology, certification and assessment, to support colleges, training providers and governments.
- ILM helps individuals, education providers and businesses improve the standards of leadership and management through qualifications and accredited training. ILM awards qualifications to over 95,000 managers across the world every year.
- Kineo is a global workplace learning company. It offers a fresh approach to elearning management systems, apprenticeships and managed learning services.
- The Oxford Group provides bespoke management training, leadership development and executive coaching to the world's leading companies.
- Digitalme designs credentials, using open badges, to recognise individuals’ skills and talent. It works with employers, training providers and over 2,000 schools across the UK.
- Combined, the City & Guilds Group operates in over 100 countries, through 10,000 training centres, delivering qualifications in 26 different industries.
- For more information about the City & Guilds Group visit: www.cityandguildsgroup.com
- A leader in online workforce management and eLearning, e3Learning are experts in the creation of relevant and accessible cloud based systems, programs and content that supports over 600 clients around the globe.
- Whether it is the extensive off the shelf compliance library, bespoke content development capability, the proprietary platform LearnForce, including the unique contractor management solution SitePass, e3Learning provides a solid bedrock of compliance that business can build on. Giving them the certainty and focus they need to compete, grow and achieve with confidence.
- For more information about e3Learning, please visit www.e3learning.com